A Public Service Announcement! ;)

A Public Service Announcement! ;)

Thursday, November 11, 2010

The Most Productive November of My Career?: Where I'll Be and What's New for the Coming Week



Hi there! If I don't update the blog for the next week or two, please understand that I'm having a very busy and joyous November! See below:

Fresh off my very successful (I've seen the evaluation numbers now) seminar for the Trans-Pecos Library Association, I'm getting ready for my first-ever presentation at the Miami Book Fair on November 18. My presentation, "Using Graphic Novels to Open a Different Door to Literacy," is the first full session of the day! No pressure, right?

Then it's off to Orlando for NCTE, where I'll be leading a roundtable and presenting on censorship issues with comics and graphic novels on the 19th from 9:30-10:45. If you're at the conference, come to Coronado/Fiesta Ballroom Salon 5 to see me, Crag Hill, Nick Kremer, Louann Reid, Alisha White and Mary F. Wright.

After the roundtable, it's off to the convention floor to do a signing with Maupin House, because my co-authored (with Erik A. Evensen) book Super-Powered Word Study is now available, as is the CD-ROM Rationales for Teaching Graphic Novels (in which you can find more rationales from the roundtablers mentioned above).
Then, I attend my first ALAN workshop, where I'll be formally introduced as a new member to the Board of Directors and will also do some formal introducing of graphic novelists Barry Deutsch and George O' Connor on the 23rd.

All the while, I'll also be celebrating my recent co-authored article in this month's English Journal (primary author Cheryl Gomes) and will hopefully get copies of the article that Katie Monnin, Brian Kelley and I wrote for Inland, which is supposed to be published this month as well.

Of course, I'll also be advertising this blog and SANE journal.

But the best part will be meeting old and new friends over the next 10 days! Maybe I'll see you soon?

3 comments:

Gareth Hinds said...

Cool. I'll be at NCTE too. I'm not on any panels this year, I'll just be hangin' out in booth 833 (diagonally across from Candlewick). Hope to see you there.

Bucky C. said...

Awesome! Glad to know you'll be there, and thanks for all the great work you're doing!!!!

mjhollman said...

Say "hi" to Mr. Hines for me. I want to see the new Odyssey, have read reviews. I read it with advanced western lit folks about 12 times, so I have many opinions about it. I thought of Erik Auerbach (sp) when I read the reviews.
And, I like the photo - could be a poster itself - truly. Make postcards to give as promotions of the book - and yourself.