A Public Service Announcement! ;)

A Public Service Announcement! ;)

Thursday, December 03, 2009

My First NRC

Tomorrow I'm off to Albuquerque, NM, for my first-ever National Reading Conference presentation. I'll be presenting with professors from Hunter College-CUNY and the University of Tennessee. I'm sort of playing this one by ear a bit, but hopefully it will be another success. I'll be talking more about comics in the contact zone, which has been a major focus of my work for the last few years. Wish me well!

3 comments:

Ben Villarreal said...

Oh! When in are you gonna be in ABQ? I was thinking of heading up Saturday to do a bit of Christmas shopping :-)

Bucky C. said...

I'll be in tomorrow mid-day through either Saturday night or Sunday morning. I'm trying to do it up cheap to save moolah, but the conference fees ain't cow feed.

Ben Villarreal said...

I hear you there; there's a conference there in February I wanna go to, but for the fees to be worth it, I have to go two days--meaning I get a hotel or spend a four hour round-trip driving there two days in a row :-/