A Public Service Announcement! ;)

A Public Service Announcement! ;)

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Go Read: Katie Monnin's New Book Teaching Graphic Novels

The folks at Maupin House sure know how to market a book on teaching graphic novels in the English Language Arts classroom. This hot new text looks to be an important and necessary addition to the comic-and-literacy movement.

I know I can't wait to read it. Click this post's title to learn more about the book, and be impressed by the multimodal efforts to draw attention to what is surely going to be an excellent addition to the growing body of work on teaching comics in the secondary classroom.

1 comment:

656er said...

Hey Bucky!
I couldn't find your email to contact you, so I hope you don't mind me posting this here...

We're going to start a comic workshop at the US Consulate in Cd. Juarez in a week or so, and I was wondering if you'd be interested in giving a talk to the class. Please get back to me at this email, 656comics@gmail.com

Thanks!

Oliver