EN/SANE World

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Alissa Torres talks about Influences for American Widow

Students in my "Teaching the Graphic Novel" graduate course recently read Alissa Torres' gripping memoir of her post 9/11 days riding the tensions between gratitude and frustration, helplessness and self-advocacy. I don't want to say too much more about American Widow because one of my awesome students will be posting a review in the next few weeks, but I do want to draw attention to this great article at Graphic Novel Reporter in which Torres talks a little about her work.

And check back in the coming weeks for my student's thought on this new and poignant debut graphic novel.

1 Comments:

  • Dr. C,

    Would you be interested in a cooperative agreement between EN/SANE and The Graphic Classroom?

    Maybe you or some of your students might be interested in writing reviews. Perhaps as an assignment? I don't know. Give me a holler.

    Chris Wilson
    The Graphic Classroom
    abikerbard@mac.com

    By Anonymous Chris Wilson, at 2:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home