A Public Service Announcement! ;)

A Public Service Announcement! ;)

Saturday, February 28, 2009

Almost Back from Write to Learn

So the snow caught up with me in Camdenton, MO, and I had to reschedule my flight, but I did enjoy my time at the nearby Tan-Tar-A Resort for the Write to Learn Conference. I had a small but typical crowd as far as personalities go, and I especially liked meeting Nick from Mizzou who was doing another comics-related seminar later in the day (sorry I didn't make it to yours, Nick, I got the "crud" and ended up sleeping most of the afternoon) and plans on doing his dissertation work on sequential art. Maybe I'll eventually convince him to use "panels" instead of "frames" for his terminology (what are you, studying Iser or something? ;) ), but I wish him the best in his studies!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, you were in my neck of the woods. Wish I had realized you were coming so close. I could have come up to see you. Only 2 hours away.

Hope you had a good time.

Bucky C. said...

Sorry I missed you. But, I am happy to finally be back home! An extra 24 hours of worry about the weather wasn't the most fun in the world. Missouri is a pretty state, though.