A Public Service Announcement! ;)

A Public Service Announcement! ;)

Sunday, January 25, 2009

January 31: 1st Ever Graphica Conference!




Join me, Jessica Abel, Michael Bitz, Jon Scieszka and many others as we discuss comics and graphic novels in education at the first-annual Graphica in Education Conference. Held in conjunction with Fordham University and Diamond Comics, the all-day event is being held in NYC at Lowenstein Center, Lincoln Center Campus, 113 W. 60th St.

I'll be talking about how comics have influenced my life as a literate person and how I first began using comics in my own classes back when I was a public school teacher in North Carolina. I'll wrap some research around the points I'll make and also suggest where comics in education might go from where we are now. I'm very excited to be joining so many good folks, and early reports suggest we're going to have a great crowd. I hope to see you there!



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Bucky, it was great to see you at Fordham. Congratulations on the award too.
That was the first time I got to see your entire presentation and I was really blown away. The audience and the faculty got to meet another professor who literally was raised on comics.

I am really glad I was there for the moment.

The folks at the Fordham set foot on the moon with this event, they just havent realized it yet.

Thanks for bringning your story to the symposium.

Sincerely,

John Shableski

Bucky C. said...

Thank you for your work as well! Please do continue to bring me into the loop on things and use my particular blend of experiences and insights as needed.

I'm happy to know you and hope we'll hear more of each other/ work together more as the years go by! :)