Not too shabby for a state that sometimes seems behind the times when it comes to progressive pedagogy! As history has shown us, once the librarians get going with graphic novels, more and more teachers will follow.
Typically, this is how it seems to go:
1. Librarians take the lead and get graphic novels in their collections
2. Librarians note amazing interest and huge gains in circulation numbers.
3. Librarians start talking with teachers, or visa-versa, about how graphic novels can engage reluctant readers.
4. Teachers come to see graphic novels as good for reluctant readers.
5. Hopefully teachers read more about graphic novels, learn that they are good for all sort of readers, from ELL to gifted student populations.