A Public Service Announcement! ;)

A Public Service Announcement! ;)

Thursday, June 26, 2008

Operation G-THOOM a Success!!


Today I crossed the Mississippi River into Louisiana on my way to Texas, and the wife followed a few hours later, meaning we now have no obligation to EVER return to Mississippi. About a year and a half ago, once I ascertained that USM was not a good place for me to be, I named my desire to leave and goal to do so "GTHOOM," for "Get the hell out of Mississippi!" After traveling the northern part of the state and Jackson today, maybe I was too harsh on the state and not hard enough on USM, but "GTHOOUSM&H" is pretty awkward. At any rate, it'll take a few days for the family and I to make it to El Paso, where Operation Successful Career at University with Excellent Colleagues and Good Understanding of English Education" is underway already. :)

Wish us well, and I'll be back to posting and commenting on SANE issues soon!

Best,
JBC

3 comments:

Bucky C. said...

Abilene for the night.

Bucky C. said...

Van Horn for the night!

Bucky C. said...

Made it! We actually went ahead and crossed into New Mexico -- I think -- we're in Anthony, Texas, for the night.